LASER HAIR REMOVAL FACTS
• Laser hair removal began 10 years ago
• There are many different kinds of lasers. We are using one that is safe, yet more effective for hair removal. Also, safe for darker skin colors.
• How laser hair removal works has to do with the laser being attracted to the pigment in the hair follicle, not on the skin. The heat collected there damages the hair follicle permanently
• Multiple treatments are needed because hair grows in different cycles. This means that not all the hair follicles are in active growth phase at the time of treatment
• Laser hair removal is a process that takes 6 to 8 sessions performed 6 to 8 weeks apart depending on the area treated.
1. What are the risks of hair removal?
Laser hair removal is a low risk procedure, sometimes called a lunch time procedure. No down time. Patients can return to work or play immediately. Mild redness in the area treated occurs which resolved within an hour or two.
2. Is the laser painful?
People have compared it to a rubber band snap against the skin. Waxing is more painful than laser. Certain areas such as bikini, or wherever the hair is very coarse, are more uncomfortable. There are over the counter topical anesthetics available which will be explained to you prior to your treatment.
3. What happens after laser hair removal?
Redness and swelling around the hair follicles is a typical reaction which will usually resolve within an hour or two. In the next 10 to 15 days the hair will shed. Some patients mistake this for hair growth. You will see new hair growth just before your next treatment is due.
4. Can I wax or bleach in between treatments?
No. Only shaving is allowed between treatments. The area to be treated should be shaved a day or two prior to treatment, not the same day.
5. Can I go out in the sun?
No tanning or sun exposure for 2 weeks before treatment and 1 weeks after.
6. How often do I need laser treatments?
It depends on the body area. For face laser should be repeated every 6 to 8 weeks, chest/back every 8 weeks, and arms/legs every 10 weeks.
7. Can I get laser hair removal if I have dark skin?
YES! The type of laser we use is safe for darker skin tones.
8. Can I get laser hair removal if I have blond hair?
No. The laser is absorbed by the dark pigment in the hair follicle. Blond, red or gray hair will not absorb sufficiently therefore treatments will be less effective.
*** BOTOX & JUVEDERM ***
Free consultation for evaluation and treatment of minor skin conditions:
We understand that it's not always easy to rearrange your schedule for your hair care needs. To give you an incentive to book with us during our quieter times, we invite you to join us on a Tuesday or Wednesday before 3:00 PM for a Hair Styling service at 20% off our normal price.
Please call ahead for openings and be sure to mention this ad at the time of booking to be eligible for a discount.
(Offer apply to selected designers: Sandra, Rochelle, Angela, Rashanda, Lana)